Hymenoplasty in Delhi
Hymenoplasty in Delhi
Hymenoplasty (Revirginisation procedure) in Delhi
What Is Hymen?
- The hymen is a thin, delicate membrane (a membrane is like skin but much thinner). It partially covers the opening of the vagina in most girls. The hymen is named after, Hymenaeus, the Greek god of marriage and the wedding feast or song.
- The hymen is simply the vestigial membranes of the vagina and urogenital sinus at their point of fusion.
- An elastic and collagenous tissue.
- In younger women, hymen is very vascular as opposed to menopausal women, which are very thin.
- In adult virginal women, the hymen is a different thickness that surrounds the vaginal opening more or less completed
Function Of The Hymen
- The scientist has hypothesize that it protects the vagina from infection in infants.
- The social function of the hymen, however, has been and still is a mythical symbol of virginity in many cultures
- Allow outflow of menstrual blood
Types Of Hymen
Rupture Of The Hymen
Rupture of the hymen normally occurs during the first sexual experience. Alhtough ther are some instances wherein the hymen is torn because of strenuous activities such bicycling, horseback riding and gymnastics. Inserting tampons can also rupture a hymen early. During sports like bicycling, horseback riding, gymnastics etc. Inserting tampons.
A girl may not even be aware that a hymen tear has occurred, since there is no to minimal bleeding and pain when this happens. The Hymen usually tears posteriorly or posterolaterally into two or more portions. Commonly, rupture of the hymen is accompanied by slight bleeding, which stops spontaneously. Occasionally, a larger vessel can bleed profusely, possibly even leading to shock and requiring a blood transfusion. Even in severe cases, bleeding can usually be controlled by applying direct pressure to the bleeding point.. Some women are born without even a trace of a hymen.
Type Of Repair Of Hymen
Hymen reconstruction in Delhi
When the hymenal remnants are insufficient and definitive repair is envisaged by approximating the undermined hymen remnants or a vaginal flap. This produces vascular bands across the introitus. The procedure can be done under local anesthetic and as a day case surgery. The process takes one to two hours, and patients can return to work the next day. The sutures are dissolvable. Simple repair Restoring the hymen consists of piecing together the remnants by closing the tear. It is a very simple procedure that must be done three to seven days before the wedding.
Hymenoplasty in Delhi
This surgery involves the reconstruction of the hymen. Cultural, religious, or social reasons predominate when this surgery is contemplated. Hymenoplasty is performed to make the patient appear virginal. It works for women who have not had vaginal deliveries, and preferably, in those who have never been pregnant. We make extremely precise incisions into the vagina and remnants of the hymeneal ring to bring them into close approximation to allow delicate sutures to hold the tissues in place. Once healed, the act of sexual intercourse can result in bleeding when the hymen is torn or stretched. For ethnic, cultural, religious, as well as personal reasons, many women resort to cosmetic surgery to restore their so-called virginity. Hymenoplasty is the procedure that addresses this problem.
Who is a candidate for hymenoplasty?
Hymenoplasties are most often performed for religious, societal or cultural regions. In some cultures, women can actually find their lives in danger if they are found not to have an intact hymen on their wedding night, regardless of how the hymen was initially ruptured. For these women, a hymenoplasty is more than a simple cosmetic procedure. However If you have venereal disease, you may not qualify as a candidate for hymenoplasty.
Where is Hymenoplasty Performed ?
Hymenoplasty is often an outpatient procedure that takes only an hour or two under local anesthetic with or without sedation.
Most Common Uses of Hymenoplasty ?
- Aging With age, the vaginal walls become elongated and the muscles get loose, which is hard for most women to accept. If your aging body is interfering with your self confidence, you may want to consider this procedure.
- Sexual Satisfaction Another reason you may choose a Hymenoplasty is if your sex life has become dull, and neither you nor your partner are enjoying it as you once did. Since this procedure repairs the hymen and tightens the vaginal walls, the pleasure during intercourse for both the partners will be heightened.
- Sexual Assault A hymenoplasty can repair the hymen if ruptured due to rape or sexual abuse. This is a way to restore your virginity and help the healing process, as you feel like you are getting something back which was forcefully taken away from you.
- Marriage If you are getting married and belong to a conservative social background, which holds a belief that a womans virginity must only belong to her husband, then you may choose a Hymenoplasty to repair the hymen.
Advantages of Hymenoplasty ?
A woman who seeks out a hymenoplasty does so in order to tighten up her hymen. This small skin membrane may have been torn during intercourse or another strenuous activity, causing pain and bleeding. When the hymen is restored, the patient will be able to feel more fullness during intercourse and they will be able to have a higher possibility of orgasm during sexual activities. This procedure can also help those who have religious, ethnic or cultural reasons for having the hymenoplasty. The procedure time is short as is the recovery time for more patients who get the hymenoplasty procedure.
Lifestyle & Maintenance after Hymenoplasty
Once the Hymenoplasty procedure has been done, it is very important to take care of yourself and make some temporary and everlasting changes in your lifestyle. The maintenance of the hymen is important after the surgery, as the wound takes time to heal.. You need to make sure to keep the vagina extremely clean to help avoid any kind of dirt particles from settling in the stitch wounds. Do not resume sexual activity until the soreness and discharge has settled, as it will increase the soreness and pain. Avoid lifting heavy objects and housekeeping work for at least a week, as this will bring pressure on the entire vaginal area. Any kind of pressure soon after your Hymenoplasty procedure can harm the hymen again, which will cause the pain to come back and the entire process will need to be redone. Avoid heavy and strenuous work during your recovery. Rest is the best way to heal the wounds, so the more you can rest, the faster you will recover and be able to resume your daily activities.
Hymenoplasty – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q What should I expect before my surgery?
Doctors advice patients to stop taking aspirin, vitamin E, anti- depressant drugs and diet pills for 1 to 2 weeks before the surgery as they can increase bleeding. Smoking should also be stopped two weeks before surgery because this can affect healing. For faster healing, excellent nutrition, adequate rest and intake of vitamin C is highly recommended. But before all these, past and present medical history and physical exams should be completed to undergo the procedure.
Q What kind of anesthesia will be used for my surgery?
It is done under local anesthesia with
Q How long is the recovery time after my surgery?
Recovery period depends primarily on the procedure, and how quickly you heal. The patient will have to be monitored for a few hours immediately after the procedure until she is allowed to go home. Most of the patients are able to resume activity immediately after the procedure.
Q How long will the result last?
Medical and technological breakthroughs have made aesthetic improvements more lasting as well as safer and faster. And with proper care, your surgery can truly be an investment to last a lifetime.
Q: What are the risks and complications of the surgical procedure?
The temporary side effects include some discomfort, swelling and very rarely some infection.