- Improves most brown spots and hyperpigmentation from sun damage.
- .Improves fine lines, sun-damage, flushing skin & rosacea, enlarged pores, and over-all dull skin complexions.
- Gives the skin a smoother, more even tone appearance.
- Minimal downtime.
- Skin “glows” after a series of treatments.
- Any area of the body can be treated.
The entire face is scanned with the intense pulsed light. Without damaging the skin the light penetrates the sub-surface skin layers and is absorbed by the blood vessels or by the pigmentation. The heat impairs the vessels or lesion, and the body begins its natural healing process.
During treatment, the IPL hand piece delivers a series of pulses of light to the treated areas, which stimulates collagen production. This gives the skin an improved texture and allows it to reflect light better. Photo-rejuvenation selectively targets abnormal changes that develop with age and successfully improves fine lines, sun damage, age spots, and symptoms of rosacea, broken veins, and enlarged pores.
Most times the area is treated with multiple passes with customized settings. The formation of new collagen results in decreased fine lines and the repair of sun damage. The IPL laser will feel warm on the skin. After the treatment your skin will look rosy or even slightly sunburned, however you can resume all normal activities as well as put makeup on immediately after the treatment.
- Do not use Retinol or other photosensitizing topical or systemic medications for 3-5 days prior to your treatment.
- Do not receive excessive sun exposure for 2 weeks prior to your treatment, which also means do not come in with tanned (includes self-tanner) or sunburned skin.
- If you want us to go over a part of your skin that grows hair, please shave the area prior to your appointment.
- Post treatment
- If your skin is sensitive after the treatment you can apply hydrocortisone cream, aloe.
- Use a gentle cleanser, moisturizer and sun block for 48 hours after your treatment.
- Do not use corrective or exfoliating products for those first 48 hours.